On this page, you will find information about the following:



Proxy appointments may be filed at the Office of the City Clerk, City Hall: 

  • during regular business hours (M - F 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) between July 30 and October 5, 2018;
  • between 12:00 noon - 5:00 p.m. on Advance Voting Days - October 9 to October 12, 2018; and
  • during regular business hours (M - F 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) between October 15 and October 22, 2018.                                     

Please print out and prepare the following completed form in duplicate and follow the instructions on Page 1 of the form. Upon certification by the Clerk or Designate, the Elector Appointed will take the original copy of Form 3 to the voting place to receive a proxy ballot.

Appointment for Voting Proxy - Form 3

Appointment for Voting Proxy - French - Form 3


Common voter questions and answers about about the election and internet eVoting can found on the FAQs page.


The October municipal elections are just around the corner. Are you on the Voters' List? 

Find out today at

  1. Go to
  2. You will need to have the following on hand: your property address or assessment roll number and your full    name and date of birth.
  3. Enter either your personal information or your assessment roll number. Click

Next. You may be asked to confirm additional information. Simply follow the prompts that appear. You're done!

Frequently asked questions about

What do I do if tells me my information is not registered in the system or I have concerns/disagree with the information provided?

Double-check the information you have entered to ensure it is correct. If you have questions/concerns, or prefer to speak with someone by phone, call 1-866-296-6722.

How can I remove a name if a tenant or boarder has moved from my home?

To remove a tenant or boarder from your property, please contact 1-866-296-6722.

How can I remove an owner name as the result of a death?

To remove a name in MPAC’s Names Database for election purposes, a death certificate must be provided to MPAC via email at or:

PO Box 9808

Toronto ON M1S 5T9

MPAC’s property database, which includes ownership, must reflect information as it is legally registered in the Land Titles/Land Registry system. Therefore, if an update needs to be made to a deceased name of an owner, MPAC requires legal documentation via a survivorship application to remove a name from a property.

Voting Locations

Learn more about voting locations.


Helpful information can be found in the 2018 Voters' guide published by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs.


Acceptable Documents for Voter Identification (ID)

You must present at least one of the following documents showing your name and address: 

  • An Ontario driver’s licence 
  • An Ontario Health Card (photo card) 
  • An Ontario Photo Card 
  • An Ontario motor vehicle permit (vehicle portion) 
  • A cancelled personalized cheque 
  • A mortgage statement, lease or rental agreement relating to property in Ontario 
  • An insurance policy or insurance statement 
  • A loan agreement or other financial agreement with a financial institution 
  • A document issued or certified by a court in Ontario 
  • Any other document from the government of Canada, Ontario or a municipality in Ontario or from an agency or such a government 
  • Any document from a Band Council in Ontario established under the Indian Act (Canada) 
  • An income tax assessment notice 
  • A Child Tax Benefit Statement 
  • A Statement of Employment Insurance Benefits Paid T4E 
  • A Statement of Old Age Security T4A (OAS) 
  • A Statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefits T4A (P) 
  • A Canada Pension Plan Statement of Contributions 
  • A Statement of Direct Deposit for Ontario Works 
  • A Statement of Direct Deposit for Ontario Disability Support Program 
  • A Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Statement of Benefits T5007 
  • A property tax assessment 
  • A credit card statement, bank account statement, or RRSP, RRIF, RHOSP or T5 statement 
  • A CNIB Card or a card from another registered charitable organization that provides services to persons with      disabilities 
  • A hospital card or record 
  • A document showing campus residence, issued by the office or officials responsible for student residence at a post-secondary institution 
  • A document showing residence at a long-term care home under the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007, issued by the Administrator for the home 
  • A utility bill for hydro, water, gas, telephone or cable TV or a bill from a public utilities commission 
  • A cheque stub, T4 statement or pay receipt issued by an employer 
  • A transcript or report card from a post-secondary school



2018 City of Thunder Bay Elections